P3O is a popular course, especially for those committed to working in a PMO– programme, project, and portfolio office. It provides a decision-enabling or delivery support model for all kinds of business changes within a company. The framework is a set of principles, techniques and processes that help organizations to put in place support structures that allow senior management to make informed decisions on risk management, prioritization and deployment of resources to meet business objectives. It also enables the senior management to identify and realize the outcomes and advantages of programmes and projects.
P3O Course Benefits
The benefits of P3O certification are derived from the following complementary principles:
- Doing the right programmes and projects
- Doing projects and programmes right
Gaining an understanding and expertise of the P3O model will help you align your programmes and projects. You could align them in a way that syncs with the organisation’s overall objectives.
It will also help you cut costs by not starting or stopping initiatives that do not contribute sufficiently in the long run. The framework empowers project managers to reduce the number of projects that absorb many company resources, but they are typically terminated before delivery.
In the P3O course, you will be learning the following:
- The P3O model and the primary differences between programme, portfolio and project management.
- Gain comprehension of the arguments favour the establishment a P3O model and implementing metrics to measure success.
- Learn about the essential functions of a P3O and know the techniques implemented by the framework to achieve maximum project and programme efficiency.
Use the right tools to shape the portfolio of projects and programmes.
The P3O course has two levels – Foundation and Practitioner.
- P3O Foundation course – The Foundation training course aims to introduce learners to the world of P3O. You will be learning about the basic definitions and concepts. The Foundation certification is the qualification that you require to become a P3O practitioner and advance in your career.
- The Practitioner course – At this level, candidates will be judged on their ability to apply the P3O methods they learned at the Foundation level. The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm whether you have achieved sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidance to design, implement, manage or work within any component office of a P3O model. A successful candidate will have an overall understanding of the elements, roles, functions and tools and techniques deployed in a generalized P3O model. Additional training may be required if you are intending to take up one of the specialist roles in the P3O organization.
P3O® (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices) provides extensively pertinent guidance that facilitate effective portfolio, programme and project management through enablement, challenge and support structures. P3O guidance is also aligned to PRINCE2, MSP, and M_o_R.
Now that you have better under standing about P3O®, are you ready to get your certification?
Book a course now or contact our customer support team for further assistance.