The award-winning Association for Project Management (APM) is the Chartered body for the project profession. APM is committed to developing and promoting project and programme management through its FIVE Dimensions of Professionalism. Working with government, the private sector and professional bodies, APM will use its Chartered status to raise the profile, awareness and understanding of project management. Over the coming months, APM will develop the standards and values that will become the benchmark for professional project management through a Register of Chartered Project Professionals.
To achieve this certificate, you must have at least 6 months’ experience in project management, APM Project Management Qualification - PMQ (Formerly known as APMP) is an internationally recognised qualification that recognises both your technical project management and your leadership skills. It will assess your breadth of knowledge in all areas of project management, from strategic and commercial implications to the technical, organisational and people management skills required to participate effectively within a project team.
• Recognition - They demonstrate to your employer, clients and suppliers that you are a skilled and committed project professional. Through their alignment with IPMA’s 4 Level Certification Programme they also provide recognition throughout the world.
• Knowledge - APM qualifications are developed using the APM Body of Knowledge, 6th edition using well-established project management knowledge.
• Support - The Association of Project Management (APM) assesses training providers to ensure that you receive the best training and development support throughout your career, and specifically to help you achieve APM qualifications.
• APM membership - Qualifications offer routes into APM membership, including automatic discounted membership for those obtaining APM Introductory
Certificate and APMP certification.
APM qualifications are an essential part of the APM Five Dimensions of Professionalism and are designed to meet your needs throughout your career.
APM Project Management Qualification - PMQ (formerly known as APMP Certificate)
The attainment of accreditations offered by professional bodies such as the Association for Project Management (APM) is increasingly seen as a recognised indicator of competence in project management. APMP is an internationally recognised knowledge-based qualification (IPMA Level D) that enables individuals to demonstrate their knowledge for successful delivery of projects.
Who is the course designed for?
• Those with existing project management experience who wish to enhance their project management knowledge and prepare for the APM Project
Management Qualification - PMQ (Formerly known as APMP) qualification. In particular,
• Project Managers requiring formal best-practice project management training.
• Work Package managers, project managers or other key project personnel looking to develop their project management career skills.
• Project Managers wishing to attain a formal, and widely recognised, project management qualification.
What are the course objectives?
The key objectives of this course are:
• Appreciate business processes and lifecycle models for projects and project management.
• Use critical path analysis techniques and manage resource conflicts.
• Contribute to the development of the business case.
• Select and apply appropriate project monitoring and control methods.
• Use a systematic approach to analysing and planning a project.
• Consider and apply appropriate conflict management and negotiating techniques.
• Appreciate the project context and actively manage the project stakeholders.
• Apply work breakdown structures and map responsibilities.
• Appreciate the context and relevance of project change control processes.
• Recognise the importance of developing effective leadership skills and communication techniques.
• Prepare for the PMQ/APMP examination.
What is the course approach?
This event is a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by an APM approved trainer, with the focus of preparing for APM Project Management
Qualification - PMQ (Formerly known as APMP) Examination. All trainers have practical experience of projects. Practical sessions are on an individual and team basis and feature throughout the event. The examination is taken on day five and the results are usually available within eight to ten weeks.
Are there any pre-requisites?
Attendees would benefit from possessing some good basic project management skills, or from attendance on the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification - PFQ (Formerly known as APMIC/APM Introductory Certificate) course. A minimum of 6 months’ actual experience of working on a project would also be recommended and extremely beneficial.
Extensive event preparation materials will be provided to delegates in advance of the course. This includes the APM Project Management Qualification Study Guide. Approximately 10 hours’ preparation is required to complete the pre-course study.
What examinations are taken on the course?
PMQ (formerly APMP) Certificate Exam: This exam is a three-hour closed-book essay-style hand-written paper. In this paper, candidates must answer ten from sixteen questions covering 37 topics. The pass mark is 55%.
What does the course cover?
This five-day intensive course covers the PMQ (formerly APMP) Certificate syllabus, including the following topics:
• Structure of organisations and projects
• Project life cycle
• Project contexts and environments
• Governance and structured methodologies
• Leadership and teamwork
• Schedule and resource management
• Project risk management and issue management
• Project quality management
• Risk and issue management
• Project quality management
• We offer the following learning alternatives:
• 5-day Virtual and Classroom Weekly Courses
• 5-day Virtual and Classroom Corporate On-site Courses
• Online E-learning Courses
Kindly visit our Resources page, www.trainingcreatively.com/resources, for:
• Course Syllabus
• Candidate Exam Guidance
• White Papers
United Kingdom, Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kuwait, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Namibia, Netherland, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Poland , Portugal, Qatar, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Somaliland, South Africa, South Korea, Southern Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, UAE, Uganda, United States, Vatican City, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe
ITIL®, PRINCE2®, PRINCE2Agile®, MSP®, M_O_R®P3O®, MoP®, MoV®, RESILIA® are registered trade marks of AXELOS Limited, used under the permission of AXELOS Ltd. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo® is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The BRMI, ISO20000, Cloud Computing, SIAM, VeriSM and OBASHI courses on this page are offered by us as a Partner of IT Training Zone Ltd (ATO)
All quoted prices do not include VAT, please. Current rate of VAT is 20%. VAT will be added when you are paying for your selected courses. All course bookings are subject to our Terms and Conditions. This website is regularly updated.
Course availability is confirmed when you have received a course confirmation email containing your joining Information and once payment has been authorised and collected. To check on confirmed courses, please call 0208 500 4534 or email us on email@example.com. By booking any of the courses in this website, delegates accept that the liability of any claim against Creative Consulting and Training Ltd is limited to the amount actually paid for the course they booked in the event of any successful claim. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages. By booking your course, you have confirmed your agreement to our Terms and Conditions..